Office of Assessment

Office of Assessment

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Greetings from Lindsay Blau Portnoy of Educational Foundations!

Thank you for inviting me to share in this important assessment-centered conversation. I have been fortunate to work with students and faculty in the department of Educational Foundations for nearly six years. Throughout my time here I have taught over a dozen different courses that vary from the Psychology of Learning and Development to the Assessment of Teaching and Learning. My students are teacher candidates pursuing birth to grade 12 certification so the content and context changes considerably by cohort.

My assessment practices continue to evolve and I look forward to sharing my journey with you and invite feedback, comments, and critical questions. My first and foremost goal is to make student thinking visible by measuring learning as effectively and authentically as possible, whether it's the best practices in creating engaging formative assessments to elicit feedback and drive instruction or ensuring reliable summative assessments that accurately represent course objectives.

No comments :

Post a Comment